Joshua D. Scott
Associate Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Josh focuses his practice on assisting clients with complex litigation, with a particular emphasis on commercial disputes, catastrophic personal injuries and wrongful death actions, and professional liability cases in both state and federal courts throughout Missouri and Kansas.
As a former insurance claims professional, Josh understands insurance coverages and the multitude of insurance-related issues that might arise during the course of litigation. He also has experience identifying, evaluating, and enforcing indemnity rights on behalf of clients in a variety of contexts.
Josh takes a collaborative approach to representing his clients and understands the importance of keeping clients informed and prepared for all stages of litigation. He will aggressively represent your interests but understands the importance of providing practical advice based on an accurate assessment of the merits of your case.
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation
- Medical Malpractice and Health Care
- Class Actions
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Bad Faith Litigation
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- J.D., University of Missouri School of Law, cum laude
- B.A., University of Missouri
Bar Admissions & Professional Affiliations
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Roberson v. Sinclair of Lee’s Summit, et al, 1416-CV21574
- Obtained a defense verdict for a California-based finance company in a case alleging violations of the Missouri Merchandising Practices Act following a five-day jury trial in Jackson County, Missouri.
- Matthews v. Knightbrook Insurance Co. et al, 1316-CV11764
- Obtained summary judgment in Jackson County, Missouri in a case involving a dispute over uninsured motorist coverage.
- McNeil & Company, Inc. v. FTI Wholesale, Inc. d/b/a Frosty Treats, 1616-CV03944
- Obtained a judgment in a breach of contract action and successfully collected all of the more $70,000 and pre-judgment interest owed to the client.
Awards & Publications
- Ike Skelton, Sr. Award for Excellence in Trial Practice
OUR INSIGHTFUL ATTORNEYS KNOW THE INSURANCE COMPANIES’ SCHEMES INSIDE & OUT
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.